From 20 April 2020 – Enrol for the JobKeeper payment
- You can enrol for the JobKeeper payment through the Business Portal. If you are a sole trader, you can also enrol in ATO online services via myGov. To find out how, read our JobKeeper guides.
From 4 May 2020 – Identify your employees
- Make sure you are successfully enrolled.
Once you are successfully enrolled, you need to identify the eligible employees and/or the business participant for who you are claiming the JobKeeper wage subsidy. To find out how, read our JobKeeper guides.
- You have until 31 May to identify your employees for JobKeeper payment.
By 8 May – Make sure you have paid your employees for April
- Pay your eligible employee a minimum of $1,500 (before tax) for each of JobKeeper fortnights 1 and 2 by this date to be able to claim JobKeeper payments for April.
- The first two JobKeeper fortnights in April
- – JobKeeper Fortnight 1 – 30 March to 12 April
- – JobKeeper Fortnight 2 – 13 April to 26 April
31 May31 May 2020 – is the final date you can enrol for JobKeeper if you intend to claim for wages paid for JobKeeper fortnights in April and May.
Make a monthly business declaration:
- re-confirm your business and employee eligibility.
- provide your business’s current and projected GST turnover