“Today we take the next step, with around $440 million in land tax relief split across the residential and commercial rental markets, to support tenants struggling to pay the rent, and landlords whose incomes are affected.” – Dom Perrottet MP, 13 Apr 2020
If you’re a commercial or residential landlord (in NSW) who has reduced your tenants’ rent due to COVID-19, you may be eligible for the NSW Government’s land tax relief.
Relief is available to landlords:
- whose tenants can prove financial distress due to COVID-19, and
- who have reduced their tenants’ rent for any period between 1 April 2020 and 30 September 2020.
If eligible, the relief available may:
- reduce up to 25% of your 2020 land tax liability
- defer your land tax payments by up to 3 months
- provide a refund on the amount of rent reduction you’ve given a tenant, or
- reduce the amount of 2020 land tax payable if you have not yet completed payment.
Please visit the link below to apply online. You will need a Service NSW account.