- Calls for national illegal worker amnesty as labour shortage crisis hits boiling pointby Jessica Hayes, Belinda Varischetti And Zoe Keenan on October 1, 2020 at 9:32 am
WA's Agriculture Minister is gathering support as she calls for an amnesty on illegal workers as […]
- 'Whole lot of stupid actions' led to Juukan Gorge destruction, says former Rio Tinto executiveby Hannah Sinclair And Karen Michelmore on October 1, 2020 at 9:07 am
A former vice-president of Aboriginal relations at Rio Tinto says the miner's reputation as a […]
- 'Kick in the guts': Wage increase for 400,000 public servants in NSW slashedby Alison Xiao on October 1, 2020 at 6:05 am
The wages of more than 400,000 public sector workers will increase by 0.3 per cent over the next 12 […]
- 'We're so far away': Regional Victorians strain against city-led pandemic restrictionsby Jarrod Whittaker And Ashlee Aldridge on October 1, 2020 at 5:24 am
Business owners outside Melbourne are pleading for a further easing in coronavirus restrictions as […]
- Another special moment for Amelia Kerr, as young White Ferns star downs Australiaby Geoff Lemon on September 30, 2020 at 9:52 pm
All-rounder Amelia Kerr is yet to turn 20 and she is already making a habit of winning matches at […]
- Last night's leaders' debate was Coe's chance to prove his leadership credentials — did he make the most of it?by Tom Lowrey on September 30, 2020 at 9:47 pm
Alistair Coe and Andrew Barr went head to head last night in the ACT leaders' debate, ahead of […]
- Geelong's Patrick Dangerfield is approaching an AFL record no-one wants to holdby Cody Atkinson And Sean Lawson on September 30, 2020 at 7:14 pm
He owns a Brownlow medal and multiple All-Australian blazers, but Geelong’s Patrick […]
- Julia Gillard on feminist anthem I Am Woman: 'Every word is still relevant'on September 30, 2020 at 7:12 pm
No message in the song has dated, including that we have "a long, long way to go", writes former […]
If you are claiming work-related expenses on behalf of your clients, make sure your clients claim everything they're entitled to – no more, no less.
JobKeeper - timeline of content updates
A timeline of new and updated JobKeeper Payment information on ato.gov.au.
Refresh your ABN details
Update your ABN details so agencies can find you in emergency situations.
The Multilateral Instrument swiftly modifies tax treaties to better address multinational tax avoidance and better resolve tax disputes.
E-invoicing for government
Adopting e-invoicing across all levels of government is good for the economy, helps us support small businesses, and improves our internal processing.
Different Approaches to Implementing a Countercyclical Capital Buffer
The countercyclical capital buffer (CCyB) was one of the measures designed to improve the resilience of the global banking system following the global financial crisis (GFC). It is a bank capital […]
Private Sector Financial Conditions in China
Historically it has been challenging to assess financial conditions for private firms in China. This article assembles a range of indicators that shows private firms find it more difficult and […]
The Global Financial Safety Net and Australia
The Global Financial Safety Net (GFSN) allows for financial assistance to be provided to economies in the event of an economic or financial crisis. Together with the substantial monetary and fiscal […]
The Rental Market and COVID-19
The COVID-19 pandemic is an unprecedented shock to the rental housing market, reducing demand for rental properties at the same time as supply has increased. Households most affected by the economic […]