- Isa Guha speaks out after Geoffrey Boycott's 'equality over quality' BBC complainton October 22, 2020 at 12:38 am
Geoffrey Boycott says the BBC "sacrificed quality for equality" when reshuffling its radio […]
- Crown apologises for failings as shareholders launch protest voteby Nassim Khadem And Daniel Ziffer on October 21, 2020 at 11:21 pm
Crown Resorts chief executive Ken Barton apologises to shareholders at the company's annual general […]
- 'Families will be in crisis': Childcare sector predicts mass exodus of staffby Nathalie Fernbach on October 21, 2020 at 10:19 pm
The childcare sector calls for urgent action as stressed, exhausted and low-paid staff contemplate […]
- Teenagers lodge last ditch legal action against Adani coal mineby Stephen Long on October 21, 2020 at 10:12 pm
Two teenagers are mounting legal action in a final attempt to overturn the approval of Adani's […]
- How to appreciate Cameron Smith even if you never watch rugby leagueby Jack Snape on October 21, 2020 at 6:58 pm
These are the little things that make Melbourne Storm's Cameron Smith so good. And this weekend's […]
- Could we be witnessing a Tigers dynasty?by Cody Atkinson And Sean Lawson on October 21, 2020 at 6:58 pm
The Richmond Tigers aren't afraid to make mistakes, change up their play or even rely on a bit of […]
- Could the internet's most powerful company be undone by Trump?on October 21, 2020 at 6:00 pm
It's the biggest monopolisation case since a 1998 lawsuit against Microsoft. But it may be several […]
- Is reaching zero COVID-19 even possible?on October 21, 2020 at 6:00 pm
With a vaccine, yes, elimination is possible. But we need to be realistic about how long this might […]
Guide for individuals to determine if their employers are paying them super.
You can participate in our open consultation. We encourage you to have your say.
Report a breach of the foreign investment real estate rules
Use our online tip-off form or phone us to confidentially report suspected breaches of Australia's foreign investment rules for residential real estate. If you self-disclose a breach, you may receive a lower penalty.
Check income data before lodging
If we identify income is incorrect or missing from a tax return, we will correct it before issuing a notice of assessment. Help ensure the accuracy of your clients' tax returns to avoid processing delays.
Current research projects
If you have been asked to participate in research, you can use this list to view our current research projects and verify its legitimacy.
Different Approaches to Implementing a Countercyclical Capital Buffer
The countercyclical capital buffer (CCyB) was one of the measures designed to improve the resilience of the global banking system following the global financial crisis (GFC). It is a bank capital […]
Private Sector Financial Conditions in China
Historically it has been challenging to assess financial conditions for private firms in China. This article assembles a range of indicators that shows private firms find it more difficult and […]
The Global Financial Safety Net and Australia
The Global Financial Safety Net (GFSN) allows for financial assistance to be provided to economies in the event of an economic or financial crisis. Together with the substantial monetary and fiscal […]
The Rental Market and COVID-19
The COVID-19 pandemic is an unprecedented shock to the rental housing market, reducing demand for rental properties at the same time as supply has increased. Households most affected by the economic […]