- Documents show natural gas could play major role in $1.5b Middle Arm precinctby Thomas Morgan, Jane Bardon, and Robert Baird on June 7, 2023 at 7:36 am
NT government documents show so-called blue hydrogen requiring natural gas will play a significant […]
- Cheques will be phased out by 2030 as the use of mobile wallets sky-rocketsby Dannielle Maguire on June 7, 2023 at 6:13 am
Australia is set to be a cheque-less society by 2030, if the federal government has its way. The […]
- 'Long time coming': Queensland's iconic Fraser Island officially named K'gariby Lucy Loram and Pat Heagney on June 7, 2023 at 6:12 am
Like Ayers Rock became Uluru, from today Queensland's Fraser Island will officially be known by its […]
- Jenny Craig collapses in Australia and New Zealand after no buyer found for weight-loss companyby Rhiana Whitson on June 7, 2023 at 5:55 am
Jenny Craig's Australian and New Zealand operations will immediately stop trading […]
- Snot comes in many colours depending on what's happening up your nose. But be careful with how you use nasal sprayon June 6, 2023 at 10:56 pm
Our noses perform some important functions every day of our lives, but we often only notice when […]
- Why Reserve Bank Governor Philip Lowe wants to damage the economy furtheron June 6, 2023 at 7:00 pm
Reserve Bank Governor Philip Lowe and his board have pushed up interest rates yet again […]
- Kathleen Folbigg's release from prison might seem like a storybook ending but some challenges are just beginningon June 6, 2023 at 7:00 pm
Kathleen Folbigg spent 20 years in jail for killing her children. The NSW Attorney General has now […]
- Don't blame Australia's lowest-paid workers if interest rates rise againon June 6, 2023 at 1:20 am
The odds have been shortening on the Reserve Bank of Australia lifting interest rates again, and […]
Small businesses given opportunity to get back on track
The ATO encourages small businesses to lodge overdue returns and take advantage of the new penalty amnesty.
Holding professionals to a higher standard
When a tax professional makes the decision to start an SMSF, they are held to a higher standard.
Super clearing house planned outage
Ensure super payments are made before 30 June to claim a tax deduction.
Rates - non-business
Use the rates listed for each financial year to work out your fuel tax credit rates for non-business.
Rates - business
Use the rates listed for each financial year to work out your fuel tax credit rates for business.
Foreign Currency Exposure and Hedging in Australia
The 2022 Survey of Foreign Currency Exposure confirms that Australian entities' financial positions, in aggregate, are well protected against a depreciation of the Australian dollar. The composition […]
Reassessing the Costs and Benefits of Centrally Clearing the Australian Bond Market
This article considers the costs and benefits of centrally clearing the Australian bond market, in light of developments in the market since the Reserve Bank's last review in 2015. On balance, our […]
Developments in Banks' Funding Costs and Lending Rates
Banks' funding costs rose over 2022, driven by increases in the cash rate and in expectations for the future path of the cash rate. In turn, lending rates have increased considerably for the first […]
Developments in Foreign Exchange and Over-the-counter Derivatives Markets
This article discusses the key results from the 2022 Triennial Central Bank Survey of Foreign Exchange and Over-the-counter Derivatives Markets. Global activity in foreign exchange (FX) markets […]