- Where do your prawns really come from? Secret tests find outby Sean Murphy on July 31, 2021 at 11:28 pm
Australian prawn producers have been conducting secret audits across the supply chain to identify […]
- Court action is the only option for this home owner who says he's been waiting six years for repairsby Annah Fromberg on July 31, 2021 at 10:13 pm
What Charlie Henty thought would be his dream home turns into an expensive nightmare as he tries to […]
- This railway is synonymous with Tassie's west coast, and now there's a push to have it heritage listedby Sean Wales on July 31, 2021 at 10:03 pm
It's a remarkable feat of engineering, and now there's a push to have this west coast railway added […]
- Could 'fancy yellows' be the new pink? Race to revive diamond mine brings back industry's sparkleby Courtney Fowler on July 31, 2021 at 2:59 am
Diamantaires across the world are a step closer to having a new source of coloured diamonds in […]
- What is a night at the Tokyo 2020 Olympics athletics really like?by Tracey Holmes on August 1, 2021 at 1:04 am
Superhuman performances still bringing joy and an electric atmosphere inside the Tokyo […]
- How the ABC exposed a massive communications breakdown and sparked a coronial inquiryby Craig Allen and Michael Inman on July 31, 2021 at 11:08 pm
Forty-five critical minutes of emergency services radio calls exposed a massive breakdown in […]
- The West Wing is a time capsule that tells us of a very different America to the one we have todayby Stan Grant on July 31, 2021 at 7:00 pm
Like many others enduring COVID lockdown, I've resorted to comfort viewing. For me it is nostalgia, […]
- As a young gymnast, I'd have given anything to hear Simone Biles say 'no'on July 31, 2021 at 7:00 pm
By withdrawing from the Olympics team finals this week, Simone Biles sent a message I […]
Matters under consultation
Matters we are consulting the community on, including their current status and purpose, who we are consulting, and when they are expected to be completed.
Need to catch up on a super payment?
What to do if you didn't pay your employees' super guarantee by the due date.
How to claim temporary full expensing
Explains what information you need to claim deductions under temporary full expensing when you complete your tax return.
Hiring new workers?
Tips to help you determine if your new worker is an employee or contractor.
Adelaide man charged over alleged $38.5m tax fraud
The AFP in conjunction with the Australian Tax Office (ATO) and Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission (ACIC) undertook a joint investigation as part of the Serious Financial Crime Taskforce (SFCT). A 74-year-old South Australian man is scheduled to appear in the Adelaide Magistrates Court today (30 July, 2021), after being charged on summons on 21 June, 2021, in relation to an alleged taxation fraud spanning 15 years and totalling more than $38.5 million.
The Global Fiscal Response to COVID-19
Globally, the fiscal policy response to the COVID-19 crisis has been the largest and fastest in peacetime. Governments have prioritised direct fiscal support for private incomes and employment, which […]
Examining the Causes of Historical Failures of Central Counterparties
Although historically rare, the failure of a central counterparty (CCP) could severely disrupt and destabilise the financial system. This has driven a global push to implement resolution regimes so […]
Low Interest Rates and Bank Profitability – The International Experience So Far
This article discusses the effect that low interest rates may have on bank profits, and reviews the experience of banks in economies that have had very low interest rates for an extended period. In […]
Underemployment in the Australian Labour Market
Underemployment in Australia has been moving higher for several decades. This article reviews the trends that have been driving this, including the long-run increase in part-time employment and […]