- ASX follows 'sky-high optimism' on Wall Street, despite risk of 'short term' pull backby David Chau on January 24, 2021 at 11:34 pm
Australian shares kick off their shortened trading week with slight gains, even as economists warn […]
- A degree with honours couldn't land Max a job, so he's going back to uni — and he's not aloneby Xanthe Gregory on January 24, 2021 at 8:14 pm
They're qualified and keen but the work simply is not there for many Australians doing it tough. […]
- Water the key as outback Queensland town strives for reversal of fortuneby Tom Major on January 24, 2021 at 7:11 pm
Suffering from 60 years of population decline, the ambitious Queensland town of Hughenden plans to […]
- 'A huge difference to people's thermal comfort': Experts suggest tricks for householders to minimise summer heatby Genelle Weule on January 24, 2021 at 7:11 pm
Heatwaves and severe storms are predicted to become more frequent and more intense. Here are some […]
- The Australia Day debate isn't Indigenous versus non-Indigenous Australians. It's a generational thingby Isabella Higgins on January 23, 2021 at 7:15 pm
How long will the debate over the future of Australia Day continue? Local data and overseas […]
- This is what lockdown sounds like for millions in the UKon January 23, 2021 at 6:00 pm
To an extent, we've forgotten how to listen, but lockdowns provided us with a new opportunity, […]
- The verses J-Lo didn't sing tell the truth about Americaby Stan Grant on January 23, 2021 at 6:00 pm
Woody Guthrie, a devout socialist, would have been turning in his grave to see his protest song […]
- How Premier Mark McGowan could tighten his iron grip on power at WA electionby Jacob Kagi on January 22, 2021 at 10:08 pm
WA Labor is widely tipped to achieve a landslide victory at the State election, and there is a […]
Current year performance
We publish information about how we are performing against our commitments to service. By doing so, we honour our commitment to transparent management, accountability for results and client-centred service delivery.
Missed, underpaid or late super payments
If you missed the 28 January super guarantee due date, you need to lodge a superannuation guarantee charge statement by 1 March to avoid penalties.
We assist and assure the tax compliance of large corporate groups
Large corporate groups have multiple tax obligations. We're improving the system to give them more certainty and reduce corporate administrative costs.
SMSF alerts and what triggers them
Let your clients know that information included in their self-managed super fund (SMSF) annual return may trigger an alert to them to advise updates have been made to their SMSF details.
Key compliance risks for large corporate groups
Non-compliance in the large corporate groups population mostly results from a difference in the interpretation of the law or an error in applying it.
Economic Developments in India
Over recent decades, India's rapid economic growth has led to a substantial increase in its demand for Australian exports. However, India is currently facing the most significant setback to its […]
Shadow Financing in China
In 2016, Chinese authorities launched a campaign to reduce risks in China's shadow finance system. The campaign managed to reduce the size of China's shadow finance system, which has declined from […]
Long-term Unemployment in Australia
Are your future employment prospects affected by past periods of unemployment? And does it matter how long you were unemployed? The average duration of unemployment has increased steadily over the […]
The Response by Central Banks in Advanced Economies to COVID-19
Central banks in advanced economies have employed a wide range of tools to support their economies and financial systems during the COVID-19 pandemic. Some measures have involved scaling up standard […]