- Electric car taxes 'inevitable' in Australia as SA joins the chargeby Nick Harmsen on October 28, 2021 at 7:05 am
Buyers of electric cars in South Australia will soon be charged for every kilometre they […]
- Labor shocked by size of golden handshakes for power execsby Alexandra Humphries on October 28, 2021 at 6:40 am
Golden handshakes worth almost $2.4 million for departing Tasmanian power company executives […]
- Filmmaker and 'true hero' who exposed Indonesian atrocities in Timor-Leste dies after illnesson October 28, 2021 at 6:28 am
Max Stahl, the filmmaker and war correspondent who risked his life to film Indonesian soldiers […]
- Anyone with a mortgage warned to brace for faster rising interest ratesby David Taylor on October 28, 2021 at 5:58 am
There are warnings the cost of borrowing is marching upwards, and much faster than many experts had […]
- Future of Crown Perth up in the air as James Packer prepares to testify at royal commissionby Rebecca Turner on October 28, 2021 at 6:20 am
Billionaire James Packer once viewed his Perth casino as the jewel in his plans for a global Crown […]
- The details are scarce but Morrison's net zero 'plan' is a big shift from his Borat Tax daysby David Speers on October 27, 2021 at 6:00 pm
This week's long-anticipated net zero "plan" may be slender on new policy ideas, but still […]
- Matildas' growing pains on display in thrilling draw with Brazilon October 26, 2021 at 11:31 pm
While difficulty and doubt may hang over the Matildas now, it is only over time that they will see […]
- Now it’s Liberals telling us we are going to have to cut the capital gains tax concession if we want to get Australians into homeson October 26, 2021 at 8:15 pm
The NSW Coalition government has done what Australia's Labor opposition could not – make a […]
If your not-for-profit organisation doesn't pay the right amount of super on time for employees, you must lodge a superannuation guarantee charge statement.
Information on the latest tax-related scam alerts. Be wary of emails, phone calls and text messages claiming to be from the ATO.
Super for individuals
Information about the super contributions you're entitled to on Norfolk Island, how to build and keep track of your super, and how benefits are paid.
Paying super guarantee
You must pay super guarantee contributions for eligible employees. Super guarantee is in addition to their salary and wages.
Addressing the tax gap and justified trust.
China's Evolving Financial System and Its Global Importance
China's economic policy response to the COVID-19 pandemic has been less stimulatory than the response after the global financial crisis because Chinese authorities have sought to avoid fuelling risks […]
Government Bond Markets in Advanced Economies During the Pandemic
Governments in advanced economies have funded their large fiscal policy responses to the COVID-19 crisis by issuing government debt securities. Except for a period of dysfunction in the early months […]
China's Labour Market: COVID-19 and Beyond
The Chinese labour market has recovered quickly following the sharp economic downturn caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. While widespread lockdown measures in early 2020 pushed large numbers of Chinese […]
The Financial Cost of Job Loss in Australia
Workers who lose a job tend to experience large and persistent earnings losses. On average, real earnings are around one-third lower in the year of job loss, and it takes at least four years for an […]